At Positive Developments we offer individual psychotherapy (via remote tele-health and in person) for adults seeking to address a variety of issues. Our therapists help clients to effectively work through the problems they face in response to stress, difficult life transitions, relationship issues, and emotional and behavioral difficulties.
Each treatment begins with a clinical evaluation which informs an individualized treatment plan. Through such an assessment, the therapist will learn about a client’s current problems, related history, relationships, and personal strengths.
We use an integrative treatment approach to promote insight, individual growth, improved coping and interpersonal skills, and movement toward a contented and fulfilling life. The treatment techniques employed by our therapists tap into multiple avenues of change including one’s thoughts, feelings, inner conflicts, behaviors, reaction to stressors, and interpersonal relationships.
Cognitive-behavioral, psychodynamic/insight-oriented, and interpersonal therapy techniques are used to facilitate personal growth and treat an array of specific issues. These include but are not limited to:
- Anxiety including Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Specific Phobias, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Depression and other Mood Disorders
- Pregnancy-related concerns during the planning stage, pregnancy, and throughout the post-natal period, including Post-Partum Depression
- Self-esteem issues
- Major life transitions such as starting college/moving out, marriage, parenthood, divorce, death of a loved one, medical illness, and retirement
- Relationship problems within and outside of the family
- Problems in the workplace
When appropriate, we will recommend parenting support, couples treatment, or family therapy. Please refer to those sections for more details.